In the last post we talked about how to take care of a violin and bow. This week, the piano gets the spotlight. There is a whole lot less to keep in mind when taking care of your piano.
1. Do dust your piano gently.
2. Do wash your piano keys with a very small amount of water and a soft white rag (You can use a colored rag if you are for sure it will not bleed color onto the piano keys!).
3. Do close the lid over your piano keys so no dust or spilled juice will splatter all over the keys!
4. Do have a piano tuner come and tune your piano every year if you have a non-digital piano.
1. Don’t forget to wash your hands before playing the piano.
2. Don’t leave drinks on the piano where they may get spilled or use too much water when washing off the keys.
That’s it! Enjoy playing on a piano that will serve you well for many years!