Sarah Conrad has taught piano and violin since 2010. She grew up listening to her older siblings practice their various instruments long before she started lessons of her own. She started taking piano lessons at age 5 and then started taking violin lessons in 5th grade. She loves music and went on to complete a String Pedagogy minor at Maranatha Baptist University. She has played violin in college and community orchestras. She has played piano for church services and is accompanist for the Kingdom Choir at the College at Southeastern. Sarah married her sweetheart, Carl, in 2014. They lived in Illinois until moving to North Carolina a few years ago.
Carl Conrad grew up in a musical household and started violin lessons at the age of 4 years old and continued lessons for the next 20+ years. He took piano, voice, and guitar lessons at various points in his life; played percussion in high school band; and sang in various choirs starting in high school. He has a Bachelor's and Master's of Music with a violin proficiency from Maranatha Baptist University and a Master's of Divinity in worship leadership from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He teaches music theory and sight-singing classes and directs the Kingdom Choir at the College at Southeastern. He teaches private guitar lessons. He enjoys helping people find enjoyment in making music themselves.
- Our favorite season is autumn.
- We both love dabbling with new instruments: organ, mandolin, uke, trumpet, otamatone, harmonica, etc. We can't play any of them well, but it is fun to try!
- We have homemade pizza almost every Friday night and we enjoy trying new toppings / types of pizza it up so it never gets boring.
- Carl loves to swim. Sarah loves taking walks with friends.
- Sarah loves to cook and bake. Carl loves introducing Sarah to new foods.
- Carl loves photography and videography. Sarah loves crafting.
- We both love hanging out with friends and playing games.